The film features the voices of Jim Carrey, Grey DeLisle, Alec Baldwin, William Baldwin, Robin Williams and, Steve Harvey.
Popeye (Jim Carrey) and Bluto (Alec Baldwin) must put their differences aside to save Olive Oyl (Grey DeLisle) from a tyrannical navy general (Steve Harvey) who's threatening to destroy Popeye's village and wage world war, Now with the help of Poopdeck Pappy (Robin Williams), Engene the Jeep and the entire fleet Popeye and Bluto might have a chance of stopping the tyrannical general and his massive army.
- Jim Carrey as Popeye the Sailor, the main protagonist and navy seal.
- Grey DeLisle as Olive Oyl, Popeye and Bluto's love interest constantly fighting over.
- Alec Baldwin as Bluto, the not main antagonist that teams up with Popeye and Poopdeck Pappy to save Olive Oyl, the village and, the world.
- Engene the Jeep, A mysterious animal with magical abilities and Popeye's loyal pet.
- William Baldwin as J. Wellington Wimpy, A soft-spoken, very intelligent, and well educated, but also cowardly, very lazy, overly parsimnious and utterly gluttonous. He is also something of a scam artist and, especially in the newspaper strip, can be notoriously underhanded at times.
- Robin Williams as Poopdeck Pappy, Popeye's 99 year-old dad and navy veteran.(Williams originally played Popeye in the live-action 1980 film as his first debut and set to voice Poopdeck Pappy),
- Steve Harvey As General Jogan Salvegler, tyrannical navy general that plans on destroying Popeye's village and wage world war and is Olive's kidnapper.
In March 2010, it was reported that Sony Pictures Animation is developing a 3-D film|3-D computer-animated Popeye film, with Avi Arad producing it. In November 2011, Sony Pictures Animation announced that Jay Scherick and David Ronn, the writers of The Smurfs, are writing the screenplay for the film. In June 2012, it was reported that Genndy Tartakovsky has been set to direct the feature, which he plans to make "as artful and unrealistic as possible." In November 2012, Sony Pictures Animation set the release date for September 26, 2014. It will be the second Popeye film to be animated in CGI, first being Popeye's Voyage: The Quest for Pappy, which premiered on FOX on November 9, 2004.
- The movie's voice acting was finished in 2013 because of Robin Willaims' suicide in 2014