Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3½ is an American action-adventure-comedy superhero film based on Guardians of the Galaxy by Marvel Comics, being directed by Edgar Wright. It is produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, being released on May 1st, 2020.
Set after Avengers 4, the Guardians encounter a planet known as Spartax and Peter discovers he has a brother.
- Chris Pratt as:
- Peter Quill/Star-Lord, a half-Celestial space explorer and the leader of the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Prince J'Son/Star Emperor, Peter's brother who is the secretly sinister ruler of Spartax.
- Zoe Saldana as Gamora, TBD
- Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer, TBD
- Vin Diesel as Groot (voice/motion capture), TBD
- Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon (voice/motion capture), a foul-mouthed raccoon.
- Pom Klementieff as Mantis, TBD
- Stephen Amell as Adam Warlock, a warlock who was created by the Sovergien.
- Jennifer Lawrence as Moondragon, J'Son’s ”wife” who betrays Him and aids the Guardians.
- Mark Hamill as Titus (voice/motion capture), a Rouge Nova Corps officer who believes the Guardians were responsible for Xandar's destruction.
- Sean Gunn as Kraglin, TBD.
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange, TBD. He appears briefly in the beginning and in the end credits scene.
- Africa by Toto
- We're Not Gonna Take It by Twisted Sister
- Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears
- Dare to be Stupid by "Weird Al" Yankovic
- Magic by The Cars
- Drax: What's that?
(a giant flaming monster is shown)
- Peter: People call it a firebird.
- Rocket: Firebird?! It doesn’t even look like a bird!
- Groot: I am Groot.
(the firebird shoots out fire)
- Rocket: Well, we're screwed.
(suddenly, a portal opens as Dr. Strange goes out of the portal)
- Star-Lord: Wait, are you that doctor guy from Titan? Steven?
- Dr. Strange: Yes, but I prefer to be called Dr. Strange. And it's Stephen with "ph", not with a "v".
- Rocket: Why are you here?
- Dr. Strange: I figured you need my help.
(he opens a portal, sucking the Firebird in it)
- Dr. Strange: May I lead your Guardians team?
- Star-Lord: Let me think (five-second pause)... hell no.
- Dr. Strange: Fine. Now to teleport out of here
(he then disappears)
- J'Son: Ah, Peter Quill.
- Peter: Ah, some random stranger who looks exactly like me. Aren't you a comedian from Earth?
- J'Son: No Peter, I am your brother.
- Peter: Wow, is that even possible?
- J'Son: Ego did so many women and my mother was one of them. We are technically brothers.
- Peter: That means we're twins?
- J'Son: You can say that. Come, there's a lot to see.
- Peter: Okey-dokey!
- Moondragon: Green lady, I have a warning for you.
- Gamora: Green lady? I have a name.
- Moondragon: Whatever. However, I want to warn you that J'Son cannot be trusted.
- Gamora: Did he tell you to say that?
- Moondragon: You think I'm loyal to the bastard who was responsible for my parents' death?
(suddenly, J'Son arrives)
- J'Son: You are betraying me, Moondragon?
- Moondragon: Yes, you bastard!
- J'Son: I'm trying to justly rule Spartax and you call me the bastard?
- Moondragon: Tell the truth to the green lady!
- J'Son: Alright. Mantis, I'm gonna tell you the truth.
- Gamora: Uhh, I'm not Mantis.
- J'Son: Whatever, Groot. However, I saw the battle between you guys and Ronan the Accuser. I then saw my brother hold an infinity stone with his hands. I knew that he was destined for greatness. I then realized, I need his power. Ego found me unworthy, he almost killed me, but I was a clever kid, I escaped! I found this planet and I killed the king and queen of this planet! Now, I'm the King of Spartax! and since my brother has arrived, I’m going to kill him as he wouldn't even see it coming.
- Gamora: You bastard!
- J'Son: Thank you, Rocket!
- Gamora: You are very bad at names, aren't you?
- The Cosmic Scientist scene was somehow removed due to Stan Lee's passing at age 95
- (reserved for Coolot)