Eric Animations: The Ultimate Epic Movie (also known in some promotional material as simply Eric Animations: The Movie and formerly known as The Eric Show: The Movie and Eric Animate: The Movie) is an upcoming 2018 3D hand-drawn/Flash/CGI computer-animated action-adventure family comedy crossover film directed by Henry Norton, Lamount Meeks, Steven Spielberg, Alvin Hung, Mason Moore as the co-director, and Roy Lee and based on Go!Animate Network and Cartoon Network's animated series called The Eric Show by ThatGreenSwagGuy and Prince Boadu. It is loosely based on props and characters from Go!Animate created by Alvin Hung, who is the founder and CEO of the company.
The film is planned to be a reboot of The Eric Show. It is also The Go!Animate Company's first 3D animated film and its first actual theatrical film after The Henry Norton Group, Go!Animate, and DreamWorks launched Go!Animate DreamWorks Pictures, which is a merger between Go!Animate and Dreamworks Pictures and Animation, since the company has been focusing on non-CGI animated films, including the "Taylor's Series Saga" film series. It is also the first film to be made by Go!Animate Network Movies and Studios. It is somewhat inspired from a 2015 fan-made film, MYCUN, and a 2001 computer-animated theatrical Nicktoons movie, Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. As a crossover film, Eric Animations: The Movie also features characters from Gabriel and the Wacky Pack, Rugrats, Steven Universe, Despicable Me, Adventure Time, Cartoon Network's FusionFall, Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, and many others.
It is produced by The Go!Animate Company, Warner Bros. Animation (under the Warner Animation Group feature film development unit), DreamWorks Animation, Scratch Entertainment, Amblin Entertainment, Illumination Entertainment, Lorimar Film Entertainment, John Harry Lau Productions, New Line Cinema, RatPac-Dune Entertainment, Paramount Animation, GreenyWorld Studios, Nickelodeon Movies, Timberwolf Productions, Toon Boom Animation, Colin Entertainment, Ltd., Blur Animation Workshop, and Adobe Systems, and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, and GreenyWorld Pictures in United States and Canada prints, along with Paramount Pictures and Universal Pictures in US and International prints, and YouTube Red for an Internet re-release. This will serve as YouTube Red's first ever motion picture to be made with Go!Animate, and to team up with Warner Bros. Entertainment, Paramount Pictures, GreenyWorld Studios, and Universal Studios.
The film is set to be released in 2018.
A 15-year-old teenage boy named Eric Animations is living a double life as a 10th grade student of GoAnipaulis High School and as a famous YouTuber named EricAnimate in GoAnipaulis, a town related to Go!Animate City, where everything is "grounded video-free". However, Evil Fred Jones, an evil version of Fred Jones, his new girlfriend Kayla (Eric's arch-nemesis), and their friends CoolBoy7750, and TTTEAndSpongebobYesFurFagsNo, along with their team of troublemakers, villains, and Go!Fags, called "The Troublemakers Squad", who are obsessed with grounded videos made from Go!Animate, are planning to take over all of the fictional universes in the "Cyberspace & Media Galaxy", and spawn grounded videos on top of them. It's up to Eric and his friends to team up with the good people and other heroes to stop Evil Fred, Kayla, and their team before it's too late.
- Zachary Gordon as Eric Animations, a 15-year-old teenager living a double life as a 10th grade student of GoAnipaulis High School and as a famous YouTuber named EricAnimate. He is the teenage son of Kimberly and Diesel Animations and the main protagonist of the movie.
- TBA as Evil Fred Jones, an evil version of Fred Jones, an abusive criminal from samster5677's Scooby Doo series, Kayla's new boyfriend, and the main leader of a team of grounded video-obsessed troublemakers. He is the first main antagonist of the movie.
- TBA as Kayla, Eric's ex-girlfriend, Eric's arch-nemesis, the co-leader of a team of grounded video-obsessed troublemakers, and the second main antagonist of the movie. She is also Evil Fred's new girlfriend.
- TBA as CoolBoy7750, a YouTuber, Go!Animator, and a Go!Fag. He is the second co-leader of "The Troublemakers Squad" and the main leader of the Go!Fags. He is also the third main antagonist of the movie.
- TBA as Julie, Eric's current innocent girlfriend, Eric's best friend, and Eric's future wife. She's the first main deuteragonist of the movie.
- TBA as Erika, Eric's first friend and cheerleader for the GoAnipaulis High School football team. She's the second main deuteragonist and also the antihero of the movie.
- TBA as Victor, Eric's second friend and the main tritagonist of the movie.
- TBA as Kate, Eric's third friend and also cheerleader for the GoAnipaulis High School football team like Erika.
- TBA as Dr. Goani Matestein, Julie's father and a scientist who believes in GoAnimate Logic.
- TBA as PC Guy, a friendly and busy natural-born Microsoft fan and a comic relief.
- TBA as Benjamin Santagati, a YouTube user, and one of Eric's friends.
- TBA as Cameron the Camera Girl, a professional filmmaker, video camera operator, and PC Guy's girlfriend. She's one of the minor characters of the movie.
- TBA as Phil the Video Camera, an anthropomorphic video camera who is Cameron's pet. He is Cameron's best friend and sidekick.
- TBA as Justin Harrison, a troublemaker and a Go!Fag from Go!Animate City. He is one of the evil minions for Evil Fred, Kayla, and CoolBoy7750.
- TBA as Kimberly Animations, Eric's mom.
- TBA as Diesel Animations, Eric's dad.
- TBA as Alvin Hung, the founder and CEO of The Go!Animate Company.
- TBA as Dexter, a boy genius from Dexter's Laboratory and Cartoon Network's FusionFall. He is one of the minor characters of the movie.
- TBA as Jimmy Neutron, a boy genius from Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. He is also one of the minor characters of the movie.
- TBA as Cianan Irvine, a YouTuber and Go!Animator from Go!Animate City. He is the third main deuteragonist and also one of Eric's friends.
- TBA as Eric Smith, Eric Animations' cousin. He is the fourth main deuteragonist in this movie.
- TBA as the Gingerbread Man, one of the minor characters of the movie. He was first created as a fairy tale character, and was also one of the minor characters for DreamWorks Animation's animated movie from 2001, Shrek.
- TBA as the school bus driver.
- TBA as Eric's teacher in GoAnipaulis High School.
- TBA as the narrator for a documentary video of the American History.
- TBA as the ticket agent for GoCinema.
- TBA as the usher for GoCinema.
- TBA as the announcer for GoCinema.
- Leopold Slikk as himself in archived footage as the Angry German Kid.
- TBA as the intercom voice at the front entrance to Evil Fred's castle.
- TBA as the masked chef.
- TBA as Master Holographic Crystal Ball, an anthropomorphic holographic crystal ball with a cartoon face that resembles his eyes and a mouth. He lives inside a phone and is projected outside the phone whenever someone turns on the holographic phone. He serves as the helper for Evil Fred and Kayla.
- TBA as Althea Andrea, a troublemaker from Go!Animate UK City. She is one of the evil minions for Evil Fred, Kayla, and CoolBoy7750.
- TBA as TTTEAndSpongebobYesFurFagsNo (ThomasTheTankEngineAndSpongebobYesFurFagsNo), a YouTuber, Go!Animator, and a Go!Fag. He was the member of "The Troublemakers Squad", but was blamed by Evil Fred for bringing him Eric's spare red hoodie with a USB drive unannounced, and was dragged away to the dungeon by the two GoFags who are the guards of Evil Fred's castle. However, he was given another chance to help Evil Fred, Kayla, and CoolBoy7750 with their mission to destroy Eric Animations, and take over all of the universes in the Cyberspace & Media Galaxy.
- TBA as Princess Morbucks, a spoiled rich girl who is an antagonist towards The Powerpuff Girls. She is one of the evil minions for Evil Fred, Kayla, and CoolBoy7750.
- TBA as Dave, a troublemaker in Go!Animate City who hates Trains. one of the evil minions for Evil Fred, Kayla, and CoolBoy7750.
- TBA as Larry, a troublemaker in Go!Animate City who also hates Trains just like his brother Dave. He is one of the evil minions for Evil Fred, Kayla, and CoolBoy7750.
- TBA as Gabriel Garza, a kind, curious, intelligent 11-year-old boy from The Wacky Pack, the Gabriel and the Wacky Pack franchise, and the MYCUN franchise.
- TBA as Beddu, a troublemaker in Go!Ville, which is another town related to Go!Animate City. He is one of the evil minions for Evil Fred, Kayla, and CoolBoy7750.
- TBA as the kidnapping GoFags, the three GoFags who kidnapped Eric Animations, his brother Brian, and his parents Kimberly and Diesel.
- TBA as Brian Animations, Eric's 13-year-old adoptive brother, the adoptive son of Kimberly and Diesel Animations, and one of the minor characters of the movie.
- TBA as an injured GoFag guard.
- TBA as the news reporter for the GoAnimate News Network (GNN).
- TBA as the weather reporter for the GoAnimate Weather Channel.
- TBA as the receptionist for the GoAnimate Community Center.
- TBA as Felonius Gru, the former villain-turned Anti-Villain League agent, Margo, Edith, and Agnes' adoptive father, and Lucy's husband.
- TBA as Dru, Gru's long-lost twin brother.
- TBA as Lucy Wilde, an Anti-Villain League agent, Gru's wife and the girls' adoptive mother.
- TBA as Margo, Gru and Lucy's oldest adoptive daughter.
- TBA as Edith, Gru and Lucy's middle adoptive daughter.
- TBA as Agnes, Gru and Lucy's youngest adoptive daughter.
- TBA as Toon Link, a cartoon version of Link from The Legend of Zelda.
- TBA as Red Puckett, the main protagonist of Hoodwinked who is Granny's granddaughter, Wolf's former enemy, and also Wolf, Twitchy, and Kirk's best friend.
- TBA as Granny Puckett, Red's grandmother.
- TBA as Wolf W. Wolf, Red's former enemy, Twitchy's boss, and Red's and Twitchy's friend.
- TBA as Twitchy, Wolf's best friend and sidekick.
- TBA as Kirk Kirkendall, a woodsman, yodeler, and former actor from Hoodwinked.
- TBA as Po Ping, the main protagonist of Kung Fu Panda and one of the minor characters of the movie.
- TBA as Ico, a young boy born with large horns who is the main protagonist of the game named after him, Ico.
- TBA as Hiro Hamada, the main protagonist of the Disney film Big Hero 6. He is the leader and founder of Big Hero 6, a team of young superheroes whose goal is to protect the city of San Fransokyo.
- TBA as Goddard, Jimmy Neutron's pet robotic dog from Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. He is also one of the minor characters of the movie.
More Coming Soon!
- Eric Animations
- Julie Matestein
More Coming Soon!
The Troublemakers Squad
- Evil Fred Jones
More Coming Soon!
In December 25, 2016, Henry Norton announced a feature-length film that is based on Go!Animate Network's and Cartoon Network's original series "The Eric Show". The film was originally titled as The Eric Show: The Movie. It is the 2nd film for The Go!Animate Company to team up with Warner Bros for a motion picture since "The GoAnimate Movie" (2014), which is a spin off to the 2013 film of the same name. This film will be the very first Go!Animate film to be a mix of hand-drawn animation, 2D digital Flash animation, and 3D computer-generated imagery.
The film was planned to be produced by John Harry Lau Productions, but in March 20, 2017, John Harry Lau announced that he does not not want to work on the production of the film. So in March 21, 2017, Paramount Animation will produce the film, instead of John Harry Lau Productions. However in March 4, 2017, John Harry Lau had decided to return to working on the production of the film. (See Trivia for more!) In March 27, 2017, James Sharp, also known by his nickname as Sharpness Knight, agreed to make the film, and have GreenyWorld Studios co-produce the film.
In March 25, 2017, NDCUnivercity Media, a parody of NBCUniversal agreed to help with the production of the film, and NDCUnivercity Animation Studios was added to produce the film in April 18, 2017. Univercity Pictures was also added on the same day, as an International film distributor beside Paramount Pictures, but under Universal Pictures, which Univercity is parodized to. But 5 days later, Univercity Pictures and NDCUnivercity Animation Studios were removed from producing and distributing the film. (See Trivia for more!) So Universal will distribute the film along with Paramount, and Star Butterfly LTD. internationally instead of Univercity, and DreamWorks Animation and Illumination Entertainment will produce the film instead of NDCUnivercity Animation Studios. However, NDCUnivercity will still produce the film, but only under Universal Studios. In May 11, 2017, Adult Mall Movies, Colin Entertainment, Ltd., Cloudscape Pictures, Super Team Friends Family, and ImageMovers were added to co-produce the film.
While the film is on development, Alvin Hung, founder and CEO of The Go!Animate Company, announced in 2016 that the text-to-speech voices from Ivona got removed in March 31, 2017, after their licenses expire, which was the same day The Boss Baby came out in theaters. Eric, one of the Ivona voices planned to be used to voice Eric Animations, got removed from Go!Animate, and its division Go!Animate For Schools on March 7, 2017, along with the Jennifer voice. On March 9, 2017, Cheryl Norton announced that voice actors and actress will play the characters to replace the Ivona voices' roles in the film. Justin, one of Ivona's text-to-speech voices that Go!Animate haven't used was bought by Go!Animate. He may be the only Ivona voice on Go!Animate and Go!Animate For Schools after the rest of the Ivona voices get removed. The removed voices are replaced with new voices. However, the claim that all of the IVONA voices are removed had been a misunderstanding.
The film was originally titled as The Eric Show: The Movie. However, the title was very unusual and it wasn't a great title for the film. In March 15, 2017, the title was changed to Eric Animate: The Movie. The title "Eric Animate" is very similar to Go!Animate. But to avoid getting the movie sued by Go!Animate, and then cancelled, the film's title was changed for the 2nd time. The title was changed to Eric Animations: The Movie in March 20, 2017, and on May 2017, the title was changed for the 3rd and final time. This time, the title for the film is now Eric Animations: The Ultimate Epic Movie, although the film is sometimes known in some promotional material as simply Eric Animations: The Movie.
Attempts at Contacting the Companies
The creators of the film tried to contact the companies several times, most notably Warner Bros., Paramount, and Go!Animate.
For the poster art, the creators of the film will use Paint Tool SAI, paint.NET, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Paint to draw all of the film's characters, especially the main characters, for the film's posters.
This film will be animated in California at the Go!Animate headquarters and Blur Studio, in South Korea at Rough Draft Studios Korea, and in Australia at Animal Logic, using Toon Boom Storyboard Pro as the storyboarding software, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Animate as the matte painting, visual development, design, 2D layout, and 2D animation softwares, Autodesk Mudbox, The Foundry Modo and ZBrush as the modeling softwares, Toon Boom Harmony as the 2D animation, compositing, and digital ink & paint software, GoAnimate as the 2D animation, 2D layout, and compositing software, TVPaint Animation as the storyboarding and 2D animation software, Blender as the CGI layout, animation, and lighting software, and Autodesk Maya as the CGI animation, CGI layout, and CGI rigging software.
There are other softwares that will be used to make this film including the discontinued Autodesk Softimage as the CGI animation, compositing, rendering, and lighting software, The Foundry Nuke as the animation camera and compositing software, Houdini Effects and NDCUnivercity's RenderMotion as the visual effects softwares, Adobe After Effects as the visual effects and compositing software, The Foundry Mari as the texture painting software, and Pixar's Renderman as the rendering and lighting software.
The animation styles and techniques will be somewhat similar to that from Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, DreamWorks Animation, and especially GoAnimate. During the film's development, Dallas Toons joined the film's production crew when he mentioned that the film will use Toon Boom Harmony as the main 2D animation software with GoAnimate being the secondary 2D animation software.
The visual effects and compositing will be handled by Animal Logic, Blur Studio, and Industrial Light and Magic, since all 3 of them are indeed visual effects companies. In order to make the animated film look realistic, the CGI animated elements and the 2D animated elements would have to be composited into the final image using Nuke, Adobe After Effects, and the now-discontinued Autodesk Softimage. The lighting on both CGI and 2D animated elements will also be handled by visual effects artists, compositors, lighting artists, and rendering artists using Pixar's Renderman, Blender, Adobe After Effects, Toon Boom Harmony, Nuke, and Autodesk Softimage, since the animators wanted more lighting and shading on the hand-drawn animated characters.
James Sharp, one of the executive producers of the film, has mentioned that "putting 2D hand-drawn animated characters on a 3D CGI animated environment is one of the hardest things we would ever do". He also said that the animators, compositors, and visual effects artists would "animate the 2D characters against a green-screen background and composite the green-screen character into a 3D background." For the CGI transformation sequence, animators would have to design, model, rig, animate, and composite 3D CGI animated designs and models of the 2D animated characters to give them a photo-realistic makeover.
In April 2017, during the productions of the film, Lorimar, Seven Arts Pictures, Pacific Data Images (PDI), Famous Players, and Republic Pictures were both revived, but as in-name-only-units. Lorimar and Seven Arts are in-name-only-units of Warner Bros. Entertainment and TimeWarner (See Trivia for more!), Famous Players (as Famous Players Entertainment) is an in-name-only-unit of Cineplex and Paramount Pictures, Pacific Data Images is an in-name-only-unit of DreamWorks Animation, NBCUniversal, and TimeSammy, and Republic Pictures is an in-name-only-unit of Paramount Pictures, Viacom, and CBS Corporation. The companies will co-produce the film.
Future of Go!Animate
The main reason why the film is being produced is to save Go!Animate and change its future for the better. Ever since 2011, Go!Animate was not only just used for business, but it is also used for entertainment purposes. It was just used for making animated videos on the internet. But in early 2017, The Henry Norton Group and Go!Animate decided to have the Go!Animate website also used for movies, TV shows, and television networks like Go!Animate Network, Go!Animate Night Channel, Matthew Television, etc. For saving Go!Animate, the production of the film was to help Alvin Hung, the founder and CEO of the company, get more money for both his company and his family, due to the fact that he and his family are poor.
More Coming Soon!
Eric Animations: The Movie is set to release in theaters on November 3, 2017. It will be released and formatted in 2D, Digital 3D, RealD 3D, IMAX, and IMAX 3D.
Eric Animations: The Movie will also be releasing on DVD, Blu-ray, and Blu-ray 3D on February 2018 by Warner Home Video and Paramount Home Media Distribution (International Home Media Release). It will be the 2nd time Go!Animate was released on DVD since Go!Animate The Movie (2013).
More Coming Soon!
- Main article: Eric Animations: The Video Game
In April 8, 2017, a video game based on the film is already being planned. It will be published by Activision, Microsoft Studios, and Go!Animate Games, and distributed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.
- Main article: Eric Animations: The Movie/Soundtrack
In February 2017, it was reported that David Newman, the same person who composed the score for Greeny Phatom The Movie has plans to work on the soundtrack and score for the film, along with Kareem Chaaban, Henry Norton, and Stephan Swaby.
DVD and Blu-Ray Main Menu
Here is the sections from the DVD and Blu-Ray main menus.
- Play Movie
- Scene Selection
- Opening Titles/Eric Goes To School
- Set Up
More Coming Soon!
- Main article: Eric Animations: The Movie/Transcript
- Main article: Eric Animations: The Movie/Trailer transcripts
Opening And Closing Credits
- Main article: Eric Animations: The Movie/Credits
- Main article: Eric Animations: The Movie/Outtakes
Eric Animations: The Movie is rated PG for action violence, rude humor, mild language, and smoking. Parental guidance is suggested. Some of the film's material should and may not be suitable for children.
- StephanTheAnimator: the creator of the page.
- StanTheAnimatior: co-creator of the page.
- GabrielGarza&FriendsYesVillainsNo: updating the page and redesigning the infobox.
- MovieLover9000: updated and/or edited the credits/transcript, adding the characters, and protecting the page from vandalism.
- JohnHarryLau: updating the trivia of the film.
- Before sometime of March, John Harry Lau Productions was added without permission. After that day it was deleted due to not being interested on production of The Eric Show, including this movie. But in April 6, 2017, John Harry Lau had agreed to work on the film, because he saw all of the episodes from The Eric Show and liked the videos of the film's opening logos.
- This is first film to not be directed by TjsWorld2011.
- The name unit "Seven Arts Pictures" was revived and acquired by TimeWarner, after the company was shut down for 60 years.
- This film makes it the first Go!Animated film to be produced by Warner Animation Group, Illumination Entertainment, John Harry Lau Productions, and DreamWorks Animation.
- Since this movie is co-produced with DreamWorks Animation, this will be one of the first films to be produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Universal Pictures.
- Kayla was originally going to be the main leader of "The Troublemakers Squad" in the film, but in May 10, 2017, Stephan Swaby, one of the producers of the film, decided to have Evil Fred Jones from samster5677's Scooby-Doo series to be the main leader of the squad, and Kayla will not only be the co-leader of the squad, but also Evil Fred's new girlfriend.
- Univercity Pictures and NDCUnivercity Animation Studios were going to co-produce and distribute the film, but in April 23, 2017, they were removed from producing and distributing the film. However, NDCUnivercity will still produce the film under Universal Pictures, DreamWorks Animation, and Illumination Entertainment.
- Almir Velovic Productions was originally going to produce this film, but in April 27, 2017, the company shut down since Almir Velvoic had left YouTube. Its last film to be produced by the company is "Taylor's Series Saga: The Movie", which is one of the films from "Taylor's Series Saga". Cloudscape Pictures replaced Almir Velovic Productions, and serves as its successor. Cloudscape plans to produce this film, including its first film called "The Angel Guardians", which is another "Taylor's Series Saga" film.
- In the film, this will feature characters from TV shows on Cartoon Network. The characters will look like the characters from Cartoon Network's FusionFall.
- ↑ Eric Animations: The Movie is not produced by Tjsworld2011 Pictures, but is only released by said company under its label.