Dragonball Worlds is an open world, action-adventure game set to be developed by Square Enix. It takes place in the world of Dragonball as it takes you through the story from an open world view. You play as the characters from the story as you progress through Dragonball, Dragonball Z. It is set to be released in mid 2014. Bandai contributed by including it's various characters that were put into its previous games.
The gameplay starts out with giving you simply an open world inhabited by people and a lengthy story to play out through. The combat in the game is partially based off of Bandai's Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast and Budokai Tenkaichi Series games, dealing with combos and various moves.
The open world gives you two entire planet's. It ended with a large open world filled with different enviorments, like the returning, Ruined City, Wasteland, Glacier and many others, added with places like the Breif's Estate, Jungle, Hercule City, and others. The game also gives you Namek, Planet Vegeta, Broly's Planet, and Open Space to explore. In Open Space there are small asteroids floating, which carry enemies. It is also the road between different planets. After you finish the story, you play as Goku and are able to go around and do side missions.
Aside from story, the game would also include a different Free Play Mode. In Free Play Mode you could create a character with an enhanced version of Ulitmate Tenkaichi's character creator, now with more variety, such as a being Namekain, and choosing to be a female character. In Free Play Mode, you go around your planet's (Earth, Namek, Planet Vegeta, and Broly's Planet) doing a shorter story, but now with more side missions. After you finish its story you can also switch and play as other characters (such as Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, etc.) In Free Play Mode there is also a Level Up system and a Power Level System. When you level up you are able to unlock new abilites and have a larger Ki bar, which allows you to fly at higher speed's longer, charge your attacks longer, and do stronger moves. Every time you level up you also increase your power level, the higher your power level, the stronger your punches and moves are. It also increases your max speed and allows you to instant transmit farther. It also comes with a price, which is that enemies find you easier, but you are able hide your power level once you make it to a certain level.
The navigation in the game is consisted of flying through the air or with some characters, instant transmission. The higher your power level, the faster you fly and the farther you can instant transmit. Instant transmission is only available to few characters, and it allows to pick and area where there are enemies in a certain range of you, and teleport immediatly to that location.
List of Characters
- Goku (Base, Super Saiyan 1, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan God)
- Kid Goku (Base, Great Ape)
- Kid Gohan (Base, Great Ape)
- Teen Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan 1, Super Saiyan 2)
- Adult Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan 1, Super Saiyan 2)
- Vegeta [Scouter] (Base, Great Ape)
- Vegeta (Base, Super Saiyan 1, Super Vegeta, Super Saiyan 2)
- Vegeta (Super Saiyan 3)
- Majin Vegeta
- Vegito (Base, Super Saiyan 1)
- Gogeta (Super Saiyan 1)
- Future Trunks [Sword] (Base, Super Saiyan)
- Future Trunks [Fighting] (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Trunks)
- Future Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan)
- Kid Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan)
- Goten (Base, Super Saiyan)
- Gotenks (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
- Teen Goten(Base, Super Saiyan)
- Teen Trunks(Base, Super Saiyan)
- Teen Gotenks(Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
- Kid Pan
- Ultimate Gohan(Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2)
- Piccolo Early(Base, Super Namek)
- Piccolo(Fused With Kami)