A cashier's register that makes use of Multi-RFID Scanner Gate to scan all the bought producs. Once a shopping cart with all the products passes the RFID scanner, all the products are registered, and the customer is directed to the payment station (which can also be automatic).
- The items in the shop must be tagged with RFID Tag Barcoding Infrastracture .
- The shop must tag all its products with RFID barcode tags. Products that are sold by weight can be tagged by an RFID dispenser that programs the tags by demand.
Pros and Cons
- Fast way to register a large amount of products (tens of seconds instead of tens of minutes). Allowing the shop to reduce the manpower (saving money) and reduce the number of registers - allowing more space for wares (earning money). All while reducing customer wait time (improving service).
- Automatic way to register bought products, which is more accurate - reducing human error mistakes.
- RFID tags are currently expensive (0.3-1 dollar) (passive UHF), but if the retail industry adopts the technology, their prices should fall low enough to be worthwile.